Website Privacy Notice
Last updated: June 30, 2021
We Collect and Use Limited Personal Information About You
If you subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect personally identifiable information that you provide by signing up on our Website. We will use this mailing list to send you newsletters and other communications (e.g. announcements about developments). We are based in the US and we use a service provider to help us manage our mailing list. Learn more about Mailchimp's privacy practices here.
Personal information that is collected:
- First and last name
- Email address
Our Website Analytics Tool Does Not Collect Personal Information About You
We use the privacy-friendly Plausible as our website analytics tool. Learn more about Plausible’s data and privacy practices here and view the public dashboard for napari-hub.org here.
We Do Not Host Any Plugins
napari plugins are specialized Python packages. Our website exposes information about these packages that the authors have distributed on PyPI based on publicly available data from PyPI and Github. Learn more about PyPI’s data and privacy practices here, and view Github’s data and privacy practices here.
- You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not want your plugin to appear on our website.
When we pull information from these websites, it may also include the information provided in the author field (such as name and email address). We are unable to prevent disclosure of this information if it has been provided by the author to PyPI or Github.
- If you do not want the information in the author field to be displayed, please remove that information from the source website.
- We will never sell your data or share it with anyone that will sell your data.
- We may share your data with service providers in order to provide services (see above) and where we believe it is legally required or useful to protect or defend our rights or property or others; and/or to investigate or assist in preventing any violation of the law or harm to a person.
- Applicable laws may provide you rights with request to your personal data, such as the right to access and/or delete your data, object to our use of your data, or revoke your consent to our use of your data. You can email us at email@example.com to request to exercise your rights.