Napari plugin for viewing Brain Image Library datasets
View datasets archived at the Brain Image Library.
**NOTE: This plugin is under early development. Currently, only a subset of single-channel, fMOST datasets which include projections are available to view. An example can be found here.
- Multiscale Rendering
- In datasets that include multiple resolution representations of the data, each resolution can be combined to improve the speed of browsing and user experience. An example of a dataset with multiple resolution projections can be found here.
- All datasets included in the current release of napari-bil-data-viewer use multi-resolution datasets.
- 3D rendering of whole datasets. The lowest resolution is used for rendering. Currently, this is a limitation imposed by napari.
- The plugin does NOT require a BIL account as datasets are already accessible via https.
Known Issues / limitations
- Currently the only datasets that are available are those which have been manually selected by the developers. If you would like a specific dataset to be included please consider adding the dataset(s) to the dataset_info.py file and submitting a pull request.
- To inquire about this plugin please contact Brain Image Library support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The plugin is still under development. We appreciate all reports of issues / errors which occur during use.
Option #1: Install plugin via the napari plugin menu
- Menu: Plugins >> Install/Uninstall Plugins
- Search: napari-bil-data-viewer
- Select install
Option #2: Install a fresh python virtual environment
# Example of venv creation using conda conda create -y -n bil-viewer python=3.8 conda activate bil-viewer # Install napari-bil-data-viewer pip install napari-bil-data-viewer # Run Napari napari
Please consider contributing to this project! Tests can be run with tox, please ensure the coverage at least stays the same before you submit a pull request.
Distributed under the terms of the BSD-3 license, "napari-bil-data-viewer" is free and open source software
If you encounter any problems, please file an issue along with a detailed description.
v0.1.1 & v0.1.2:
Changes to documentation
- 25 January 2022
- 24 January 2022
- Information not submitted
- Stars: 1
- Forks: 0
- Issues + PRs: 0